Travel Insurance

A crucial part of organising your holiday has got to be your travel insurance. It sounds like a bore and it is but its important as if it goes tits up on your holiday then you dont want to be left with £100,000’s bill at the end. You should always make sure you have an or EHIC – the replacement for the E111. This will entitle you to reduced-cost, sometimes free medical treatment if it is needed on your holiday. I wouldnt however not bother with insurance because you have one of these cards, they only entitle you to the standard state medical care and not everything will be free or cheap like it is on the NHS. You may still be required to make contributions to any medical fees encoured.

If you have travel insurance then this will entitle you to private medical care in the country you are in. I dont know about you but i needed the hospital in a foreign country i would want to be looked at  by a private doctor. Travel insurance may put a little extra on the cost of your holiday but it can put your mind at rest as it often not only covers you for medical expenses but will also cover lost luggage and if you get anything stolen while you are over there.

Leave a Reply